LEAVE YOUR CAR BEHIND --- May 15-19, 2017
Leave your car behind at least one day that week to get to work or school - by biking, taking the bus, carpooling, walking, telecommuting or any combination during Bike to Work Week, May 15-19. Schools are welcome to participate the week prior, if it fits their schedule better. Download, print, post, and share the EVENT FLIER and cartoon video!
May in the Ozarks is a great time to use ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION!
Ideal spring weather in the Ozarks makes for a great time to travel by bike, bus or on foot. Panera Bread will provide a voucher for a free bagel and coffee, or cookie, to every registered person who participates at least one day that week, and then reports their participation - see link to register below. We have great prizes to give away randomly and on social media - including 3 lucky winners of a 1-night stay for 2 with breakfast at the DoubleTree by Hilton, gift certificates to Houlihan's, t-shirts, stickers and more!
SIGN UP & LOG PARTICIPATION --- To get prizes!
1. Sign up & Log here.
2. Create an individual account for yourself.
3. Whether you have a new or existing team, Click on "Create a Team/Join the Challenge" (TIP: scroll down below the blue box). Check if your team's already signed up, so you can join them!
4. Then we'll email the team leader a unique link to the team's Log page, to share with their team to use. Once a team is in the RideAmigos system, they won't have to re-register in the future - just log in and join the Challenge!
5. Logs can be entered by a team leader or team members. Deadline to log is June 15.
6. Whether through your workplace or school, everyone who logs their participation that the week will receive a Panera voucher from Ozark Greenways for a free bagel and coffee (or a cookie) and be eligible for random prizes!
7. Questions? Contact Lori at email@example.com or (417) 864-2015.
TEAM LEADERS --- Rally your troops
Are you the team leader in charge of rallying your staff, co-workers or students to participate in Bike to Work Week? Here's an Instruction Page to help you plan your team strategy!
PREPARE --- Choose your mode, Plan your route, Prep your gear
Use our Bike Route & Greenway maps and City bus maps, and tips on our Let's Go Smart page. Our free Bicycle Traffic Skills workshops are also very informative for all skill levels. Find out how easy it can be for many residents to leave their car behind once in a while, or on a regular basis. Here's a Video with tips to inspire you! Springfield currently has a network of 72 miles of on-street bike routes, and 70 miles of greenway trails! Residents and visitors love to use this network for fun, fitness, commuting and experiencing nature. The network also serves as a crucial protector of our environment, economy, and the public health of all ages, abilities, backgrounds and interests.
FREE CITY BUS --- Ride free all that week when traveling with a bike
City Utilities will give free city bus rides all that week to those traveling with a bike! Each bus has an easy-to-use bike rack on the front, that bus driver will happily help with if needed. The bus station downtown on Main & College streets has a bike aide station, air pump and bike tools.
BIKE MONTH BINGO --- For fun
Print our Bike Month Bingo page here. If you reach Bingo, take your photo with your completed page and post to any of our social media to win a very cool prize! Or email it to Lori and we'll post it for you! Use hashtags: #OzarkGreenways #BiketoWorkWeek #RideTheRoutes
THANK YOU SPONSORS --- Of Springfield's Bike to Work Week 2017!
Ozark Greenways couldn't do what we do without the financial support of individuals, businesses, organizations and agencies. One opportunity to help is to sponsor Bike to Work Week! If you're interested, email Lori or call (417) 864-2015.
Ozark Greenways (Host)
Panera Bread Company
City Utilities of Springfield
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Healthy Living Alliance
Associated Electric Cooperative
Missouri Off-road Cyclists (MORC)
DoubleTree by Hilton/O'Reilly Hospitality
Safe Kids Springfield
Ozarks Transportation Organization (OTO)