Let’s Go Smart: Transportation Collaborative
Promoting a Transportation System That is Safe and Convenient for Everyone
BECOME AN ADVOCATE!
Join the Let's Go Smart Transportation Collaborative, which meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, 4pm, at the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, 330 N. Jefferson Ave., Springfield, MO. To get involved, contact Justin Lockhart, Director of Community Collaboratives, at email@example.com or call (417)888-2020.
This collaborative advocates and educates to create connections between people, jobs, and community through multiple modes of transportation. The group brings together stakeholders in the community to help create a transportation system that is safe and efficient for travel by car, public transit, bicycle, foot, or wheelchair. In addition to community members, we also have support from the City of Springfield, City Utilities, Ozark Greenways, Community Partnership of the Ozarks, MoDOT, and Ozarks Transportation Organization.
- Promote connectivity and accessibility
- Support and assist with the Bike Sharing Program
- Promote and support Bike, Walk & Wheel Week
- Promote ozarkscommute.org and letsgosmart.org
- Develop and implement a local Transportation Reimbursement & Information Program (TRIP)
- Encourage the expansion of the MSU Bearline to the Transit Center
- Reinforce the Transit Center as a hub
- Facilitate progress on the Transportation Task Force recommendations
- Identify opportunities for cross-collaboration with other Collaboratives